More than one mogstored daemon

Mark Smith junior at danga.com
Tue Aug 16 00:24:26 PDT 2005

If the only point is to replicate data to different disks on your machine,
then you'll have to provide multiple IP address for the machine, or use
127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.2, etc.

But that defeats half of the usefulness of MogileFS, which is to spread
files across multiple machines, so if someone goes into the server room
with their double-barrel shotgun and takes out one the one server, you lose
your data (unless a disk survives, but still, you'd have to go put it in a
new machine).

Anyway, it's doable, but you're either going to have to modify mogilefsd or
put multiple IPs on your machine... :)

--
Junior (aka Mark Smith)
junior at danga.com