new file hanging?

Justin Azoff JAzoff at uamail.albany.edu
Wed Aug 24 12:32:14 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 12:14 -0700, Brandon Ooi wrote:
> Interesting tool. I moved mogstored to the same machine as the db and
> mogilefsd (and switched off iptables) just to make sure that wasn't the
> problem. I created a motd and used the tool as you described.
[snip]

ok..

> RETURN_VARS:
> $VAR1 = {
>           'fid' => '58',
>           'devid' => '1',
>           'path' => 'http://192.168.1.80:7500/dev1/0/000/000/0000000058.fid'
>         };
>
> At this point it hangs (not sure what the behavior is supposed to be).
> It would seem like it worked but the 'file' table in mysql is empty and
> the file does not exist on /dev1. Is the $VAR1 supposed to be undef?

That output is normal... at that point you should have an entry in the
tempfile table...

> I have also telnet'ed into mogstored and successfully used http PUT to
> save a file. It would seem that mogstored does work.
>
> Brandon

You should be able to connect to 192.168.1.80:7500 __from the host you
are running mogtool on__ and use curl, like:

$ curl -v -T /etc/motd http://192.168.1.80:7500/dev1/0/000/000/0000000058.fid

I would also install tcpdump or ngrep and use that to see what is
actually getting sent back and forth between the hosts.

--
-- Justin Azoff
-- Network Performance Analyst