new file hanging?

Brandon Ooi brandon at hotornot.com
Wed Aug 24 13:13:52 PDT 2005

Hi,

Ah yeah interesting. I too was undef'ing $/. Scoping the change seems to
have fixed part of the problem. I was undef'ing $/ so I could slurp the
data in one call. Now it allows me to "print" into the filehandle.

However, now it hangs on the close function...

$fh->close()

I see fids and devids in the 'file_on' table and files in the 'tempfile'
table. but I don't see any files in the 'file' table and there is
nothing in the mogdata directories. Anybody know why this command would
block?

Brandon