new file hanging?

Juan Ignacio Leon j.ignacio.leon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:24:41 PDT 2005

Brandon,
As far as I dug, I was able to see that the problems had to do with
the asynchronous IO routines.
At the time I was testing (early this summer), Linux::AIO was a
requirement and did not work well with 64bit kernels on RedHat (epoll
problems also). Now, you can instruct perlbal to use IO::AIO which is
a portable asynch IO written by the same developer - Lehmann.

I ended up having to ditch the RedHat clone for the storage solution
and threw mogile on Debian.  I will, however, try again on a RedHat
derivative at some point in the future. Sorry I can't be of more help.
This community is pretty darn good and quite active lately so best of
luck.

Oh one more thing:  be sure to try using CVS builds for all these
sources rather than the older ones linked from the website.

Juan