mogilefsd cannot see mogstored's running

j.ignacio.leon at gmail.com j.ignacio.leon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:03:57 PDT 2005

CentOS 4 is a Red Hat 4 Enterprise clone.  I have SELinux off...

> It's not creating directories, you say.  So perhaps there's something amiss
> with that particular functionality.  What happens if you do this:
>
> # perl -MFile::Path -e 'File::Path::mkpath("/var/mogdata/dev1/test/path", 0, 0755) or die "$!";'
>
> Run that as root or whatever you run mogstored as.  Then, see if it created
> the test path under the dev1 directory?  Otherwise, is it giving an error?
>
> Perlbal uses that particular call to actually create directories.  If
> that's failing, that would explain it.  If it succeeds, we'll have to try
> something else... :)

The perl call Mark sent me works when run as root (which is what I am
running mogstored as).  I went so far as to make /var/mogdata chmod
777.

The reason I am running old perlbal code is because it builds and
passes make test without problems. The current CVS version does not.
Also, it was the one that is linked from the website.

FYI:  I also had epoll problems before (when I was trying the _64bit
distro of Centos4.1)