How large should a mogilefsd process become?

Andreas J. Koenig andreas.koenig.gmwojprw at franz.ak.mind.de
Tue Aug 1 14:34:25 UTC 2006

 >> My mogilefsd processes on 4 machines are about to reach 1 GB size.
  > Definitely not that large.  This seems to be caused by using large files
  > and the replicator not dealing with them correctly.

Thanks for the hint (and to the other posters suggesting the same root
cause) but I can say definitely that we have only small objects. The
largest object is 5MB, the second largest 1.2 MB. All objects together
add up to only 1.3 GB.

I have restarted all mogilefsd this morning and they had about 12 MB
VSZ each. Meanwhile the replicators have 19 MB. I'll keep an eye on
them from now. Strace did not reveal interesting patterns.

Before I go and edit the source to add GTop statements: are there any
debugging options that I can try first?

--
andreas