Auto-replication problem

Alexander Broad abroad at messagelabs.com
Tue Aug 8 16:25:28 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm doing some testing and have so far manged to successfully get
MogileFS working on 3 FC5 Xen machines - tracker, DB and storage on VM1
and storage on the other two VMs. I'm using the source from the svn tree
as per the instructions found on http://durrett.net/mogilefs_setup.html
- thanks btw Brett; those instructions were a life-saver!

I've got one domain: testdomain, and one class in that domain:
testclass, with mindevcount = 2.

I've put 1,000 test files (of around 14k each) into testclass, which
causes files to appear on VM2 and VM3 (in /var/mogdata/dev2 on VM2 and
in /var/mogdata/dev3 on VM3)

I've tried 'mogadm host mark VM2 dead'. VM1 appears to go crazy on the
CPU for a few seconds, but no files appear in /var/mogdata on VM1 (in
any dev* directory). I'm guessing auto-replication isn't working for me
- can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers, Alex.