Too many rows in file_on

Andreas J. Koenig andreas.koenig.gmwojprw at franz.ak.mind.de
Thu Dec 7 12:00:20 UTC 2006

  > Interesting.  This needs to get fixed.  Not urgent, but annoying.
  > If you know why/how this happens, let me know, otherwise I'll look around
  > and try to find it.

  > Thanks for the info!

It's apparently happening when many clients write the same dkey
simultaneously. Mogilefs seems to allocate a new fid to this dkey on
every upload and doesn't keep track for cleanup. We had a bug that
erroneously sent the same file too frequently to mogile. We fixed the
bug yesterday and since then the effect has disappeared.

In the end we must be grateful to mogile that it exhibited the bug to
us. If mogile were behaving correctly, we would not have noticed that
something weird was going on:) We would only notice that the fids were
skyrocketing while the number of files is pretty constant.

--
andreas