list_keys listing all keys

Daniel Burke daniel.burke at gaiax.com
Mon Nov 20 02:47:20 UTC 2006

Hi MogileFSers,

If list_keys is passed an empty prefix, it will return an error:

  $mogc->list_keys("", undef);

I had expected all keys to be returned but is this an intentional
design decision?

If I apply the attached patch to Worker/Query.pm::cmd_list_keys:476

  return $self->err_line("no_key") unless $prefix;

To become:

  return $self->err_line("no_key") unless defined $prefix;

list_keys in the Client API will now list all keys if given an empty
prefix.
Will anything bad happen? I ask because I think there must be a good
reason for this design decision and I want to be careful.

Thanks!
Daniel