replication policy when adding new node

mischa.z mischa.z at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 09:20:00 UTC 2006

I was wondering what would happen when adding a new storage node to
mogileFS but leaving the replica count like it is. Will mogileFS start
balancing the files on the old nodes to the new one so that you end up
with the same disk usage on all nodes?
If not I was thinking about increasing the relpica count so files get
copied over to the new node and then decrease it again (which hopefully
triggers a delete job that gets rid of files balanced across all
machines till the replica count is reached).

/Mischa