MogileFS on FreeBSD Update?

Chris Stoyles chris.stoyles at chelltech.com.au
Tue Apr 10 02:50:53 UTC 2007

Hi Guys,

I’ve recently been attempting to get MogileFS running on FreeBSD with no luck. There are a number of posts to this list already that state FreeBSD will only work in file mode due to the use of Linux::AIO. If this has changed in anyway I would appreciate hearing back from anyone with success on FreeBSD.

At the moment my tracker just sits there and logs:

[monitor(88180)] Timeout contacting machine 127.0.0.1 for dev 1:  took 2.18 seconds out of 2 allowed

I also saw a message about sendfile() failing, when I use a browser to go to HYPERLINK "http://mogilestored.server/dev1/usage"http://mogilestored.server/dev1/usage sendfile fails inside Perlbal and I am assuming this is the root of the problem. Any help on getting this working, or just someone letting me know that it won’t work would be great.

Thanks,

Chris