trackers caching information for too long?

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:04:56 UTC 2007

> I've noticed that after deleting or modifying a class or domain in
> mogile, I need to restart all the trackers. Do the trackers keep some
> sort of persistent cache? can i force it to be purged when i do a
> mogadm modification? Is this a bug and i should upgrade?
>
> Errors where:
> RESPONSE: ERR unreg_class unreg_class
>
> until i restarted all the trackers, then it went away ( and i verified
> it by restarting one by one, and as i restarted, that one would stop
> throwing errors )

MogileFS reloads classes every ~5 seconds.  It also reloads them when
you issue a "create class" command, but it only reloads on the tracker
that actually created the class.  The others should catch the new
class within five seconds though.

The version of MogileFS you're running shouldn't matter.  It's always
been cached, but IIRC it has always expired the cache after some
period of time.

If you are running an older version, I would recommend upgrading.  If
you're not, then this sounds like a bug.  :)

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com