Announce: mogilefs-server 2.17
brad at danga.com
Tue Jul 3 19:42:58 UTC 2007
New MogileFS server release:
Changes since 2.16:
* get_paths command now takes a pathcount option, defaulting to
2, instead of having a hardcoded constant of 2. This allows
requesting more than 2 paths to a file.
* make fsck log over-replicated files as policy violations. it
won't delete over-replicated files, though, just log
* Document how to test MogileFS under doc/testing.txt. You really
should read this if you want to use MogileFS to store your data.
* Add a safety check to ensure that Postgresql-8.2 or newer is used.
* Update mogdbsetup usage, and ensure it choses the correct admin
* Document the --type option to mogdbsetup.
* Introduce the Postgres Store implementation. The locking system might
still have issues, beware of stale locks! Initial prototype by Radu
Greab <rg at yx.ro>, and developed heavily by Robin H. Johnson
<robbat2 at gentoo.org>.
* start of support to make mogstored wrap Apache + web_dav
* Remove duplicated [fsck] in log output of Fsck worker.
* Handle HiRes gettimeofday correctly to get useful results. Arrays are
important. This gives us correct timing output.
* Handle input to log() correctly. Based on the implementation of
Sys::Syslog::syslog(), produces no ugly warnings, and makes sure that
printf stuff works nicely.
* The unix_timestamp function belongs to the Store, not other classes.
Need to add testcases for process_deletes and stats.
* Using NULL during an INSERT for the AUTO_INCREMENT column does not
work very well outside of MySQL. Pass the correct number of arguments
to the INSERT instead.
* Clean up all raw usages of UNIX_TIMETAMP() function, in preparation
for database independence. If you need the unix timestamp, include the output
of $self->unix_timestamp directly into your query.
* Alter $0 so that the scripts show up as '$SCRIPTNAME' in the process
listing instead of '/usr/bin/perl $SCRIPTNAME'. This makes init.d
scripts easier to manage.
* make mogstored's lighttpd config use mod_status for "/", so
mogadm doesn't think it's dead when it previously saw a 404
(Justin Huff <jjhuff at mspin.net>)
* remove Linux::AIO support, now that Perlbal has removed it as well,
and because Linux::AIO support (when Perlbal then chooses
IO::AIO) was hanging mogstored on shutdown. so also add a
mogstored shutdown test (after a full daemonization of it)
* make Mgd::validate_dbh() re-check/ping slave dbhs as well.
(problem mentioned by Steven Shou <steven.shou at verizon.net>)
* support drive identifiers above sdz (Arjan <info at bouncetek.com>)
* make mogstored's iostat child process properly shutdown,
even when iostat binary isn't installed. (previously
it was stuck in a loop every 10 seconds, hoping for
iostat to be installed, but never respecting parent
* Change delete worker to use new DeviceStates interface.
* Fix get_paths to honor new device state of 'drain' via new
* use signifigantly less CPU when re-broadcasting around
iostat device utilization% to child processes. (future:
don't rebroadcast at all and use shared memory)
* slightly faster fsck (do less syscalls)
* efficiency: don't broadcast dup state information to children
(track in parent what children know already)
* if using Gearman::Server >= 1.09, respawn the fidsizes
worker if it dies.
More information about the mogilefs