Tuning the tracker

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Jun 25 19:33:20 UTC 2007

The notable ones to increase are

  query_jobs
  replicate_jobs

query_jobs is how many processes in parallel work on MogileFS protocol
commands.  It doesn't limit how many connections you have... all protocol
requests get in a queue, then the 'n' worker threads (set by "query_jobs")
work on that shared queue in parallel.

replicate_jobs is how many processes are replicating files around.

Each child process has a database connection open, and uses some memory.
5-10 replicate processes is probably enough, even for a big site, but more
doesn't hurt that much.. just memory and more db queries every so often to
see that there's no more work to do.