mogdbsetup with database on different server

Prepaid prepaid at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 21:29:50 UTC 2007

I'm truying to run mogdbsetup (from mogilefs-server-2.17)

This is an initial install, and I need to configure the database schema, but
the database server is on a different host. I am attempting to run
mogdbsetup as:
$ mogdbsetup --dbhost=3Ddb1 --dbname=3Dxx --dbuser=3Dxx --dbpassword=3Dxx
--dbrootuser=3Dxx --dbrootpass=3Dxx --yes
But the error I'm getting out is:
Failed to connect to DBI:mysql:mogielfs;host=3Ddb1 as specified root user:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Even though it's told to connect on an external host, it's trying to
connecut through the local socket (which doesn't exist since mysqld is not
running locally).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or did I find a minor bug in mogdbsetup ?