Easy way to delete lots of files

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Tue Oct 2 08:27:44 UTC 2007

For what it's worth, I can't come up with anything clever which doesn't
require notable engineering work :) It might be fun to have a mogilefs
job service that does high speed file management based on chunks of
runtime supplied code :)

Remember with MogileFS you can do a lot of things in parallel. So if you
can easily maintain/grab a list of files you want to delete, and you
have a number of hosts, fork a few times and bomb it.

-Dormando