Slow performance on write

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Tue Sep 11 18:25:44 UTC 2007

> I repeated the experience with writing 10kB and 100kB files, but the
> total time taken do not increase too much.
>
> If I issue a single write request, it took around 0.25 to 0.3 seconds.
>
> May I know if such write performance is you expect? Thanks in advance!

MogileFS does a number of verifications per file store. So the write
performance isn't very optimised right now.

You can get significant overall write performance by doing writes more
in parallel. Have you tried firing up multiple processes writing 10k
files each? They _should_ finish all about the same time, and without
taking much longer than a single process would otherwise.

-Dormando