hot swappable SATA controllers for Linux

Jared Klett jared at blip.tv
Tue Sep 18 20:54:24 UTC 2007

	3ware/AMCC gets my vote. I'm using 9550SX-12MI controllers in
our MogileFS nodes and they run quite well.

	Note that in order to use the 3ware drivers included with the
Linux kernel (which is what we use) with the 9550SX series, you'll need
to be on a pretty recent 2.6 kernel - 2.6.12 or later, if memory serves.

	Their RAID management software is pretty good, too - e-mail
notification for all sorts of events (failure, warnings, etc) among
other features.

cheers,

- Jared