InnoDB?

Michael A. Toth lirul.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:58:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Clinton Goudie-Nice
<cgoudie at twelvehorses.com> wrote:

>  I could swear I've used mysqlhotcopy for innodb in the past; but I could be
> mistaken.

mysqlhotcopy 100% does not support innodb.

http://wiki.oss-watch.ac.uk/BackingUpMySql#head-88d075308f646c4aa19fa76c32b347b389122be2
http://bytes.com/forum/thread66962.html

>  You could also add a read only slave off of one of your master dbs that you
> periodically take offline and backup.
>
>  For that matter, you could also take one of your master dbs offline
> periodically and back it up; depending on how your using it.

Yes, thanks. I'm going to check more utility to backup innodb, but
this and LVM snapshot (thanks to Ask Bjørn Hansen) are both good.

Regards,
Michael