New install: mogstored dying, and mogtool problems

Greg Connor gconnor at nekodojo.org
Wed Apr 30 21:45:48 UTC 2008

Mark Smith wrote:
> Your problems will mostly be solved by upgrading the system.  (Or at
> least we'll have a good common ground to work towards solving them!)
>
> If you can't upgrade, then the Danga tools are probably not the right
> tools for you.  :)

Thanks for the help, Mark.

I will try upgrading and then ask again if I need further help.  I hope
the errors mogtool is having are due to the old OS and old Perl as well.

I am still curious to know if the mogtool --bigfile functions are in
common use and what people have observed in terms of mogtool's failure
modes (both copies of a block not matching checksum, for example).