Multiple trackers on a Mysql multi-master setup

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Fri Feb 1 04:38:54 UTC 2008

No, you shouldn't be doing that :)

I'll respond earlier in the thread on the other points... but on this
specific one, MogileFS makes heavy use (for the moment!) of GET_LOCK and
RELEASE_LOCK so the different processes and trackers don't step on each
other's feet and horrifically corrupt things.

So, you may actually do master:master setups with auto_increment_offset
fine (this works okay, I have a few cluster's DBs doing it). But the
trackers may _only_ point to one of them. If you have a high DB load you
should post your tracker configuration here... Presently having too many
idle replicators/deleters/etc will increase DB load more than they should.

Otherwise you may use read only slaves by adding them with the mogadm
slave command, and that should offload the bulk of the DB traffic if you
don't have more replicators/deleters/etc than you need.

-Dormando