Problem with install

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:36:42 UTC 2008

> When I was installing DBD::mysql via cpan, it would fail at the make test
> stage, which lots of errors like this:
>
> > t/insertid..............install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load
> '/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.006-QCCZ6J
> /blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql:
> /root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.006-QCCZ6J/blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so:
> undefined symbol: mysql_server_init at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
>
> I tried ignoring it and just did a make install.  My DBI is the latest
> version and I'm on Fedora 8.
>
> I don't know what to do here. Can someone offer some help?

The problem is in your distro/installation of MySQL/something along
that line.  Seems like you might not have the MySQL client libraries
installed or something.

You will need to ensure that DBD::mysql is properly installed before
MogileFS works.  If you are having issues getting DBD::mysql installed
on FC8 then you will want to ask an appropriate group of people that
work with Fedora.  :-)

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com