mogstored dying: redux

Andy Lo A Foe andy.loafoe at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:02:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

In my experience WebDAV storage setup (lighttpd, nginx) are much
better at handling large chunks/files than mogstored. I use nginx in a
production environment with files ranging from a couple of bytes to a
gigabyte, no problem. In the pre-production tests I ran mogstored died
reliably with OOM's when handling 100MB+ files. Use mogstored only to
manage the usage stats on your storage nodes in that case.

Gr,
Andy