mogstored dying: redux

Greg Connor gconnor at nekodojo.org
Mon May 19 15:49:01 UTC 2008

Andy Lo A Foe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my experience WebDAV storage setup (lighttpd, nginx) are much
> better at handling large chunks/files than mogstored. I use nginx in a
> production environment with files ranging from a couple of bytes to a
> gigabyte, no problem. In the pre-production tests I ran mogstored died
> reliably with OOM's when handling 100MB+ files. Use mogstored only to
> manage the usage stats on your storage nodes in that case.

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply.

Do you feel nginx is better than lighttpd for this?  How about apache?

Is it simply a matter of having the other httpd listen on another port,
and entering that port number in a config file?  Did you have to do
anything special to configure httpd (for example, to automatically
create directories that don't yet exist for PUT requests?)

thanks again