replication between datacenters

William Francis wfrancis at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:03:08 UTC 2008

We currently have mogilefs running quite satisfactorily for our service
and we're growing into a second datacenter initially for disaster
recovery but eventually load balancing as well.  After a couple hours of
searching and looking through CPAN I've noticed that it seems to be
something that has been discussed several times in the past (here and
elsewhere) but I've been unable to locate anything that suggests the
best approach to take for our situation.  Did I miss something or is
this still in the realm of 'gee that'd be neat' but there's no generally
accepted way to do it and it's just been hacked together somehow each
time by people who need to solve this problem?

Any pointers greatly appreciated and thanks for something that works
beautifully!

Will