replication between datacenters

William Francis wfrancis at gmail.com
Wed May 21 21:45:40 UTC 2008

* sorry if this comes through more than once. I sent a few hours ago
but it hasn't shown up on the list yet. gmail's IMAP has been weird
today :-/

We currently have mogilefs running quite satisfactorily for our
service and we're growing into a second datacenter initially for
disaster recovery but eventually load balancing as well.  After a
couple hours of searching and looking through CPAN I've noticed that
geographic replication seems to be something that has been discussed
several times in the past (here and elsewhere) but I've been unable to
locate anything that suggests the best approach to take for our
situation.  Did I miss something or is this still in the realm of 'gee
that'd be neat' but there's no generally accepted way to do it and
it's just been hacked together somehow each time by people who need to
solve this problem?

Any pointers greatly appreciated and thanks for something that works
beautifully!

Will