Perbal and Stunnel

Kevin Minnick kwminnick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:32:07 UTC 2006

Brad,

Yes, 100 different IP addresses.  We host SSL sites for many different
companies, each with their own SSL cert.  We currently use Apache, but
the problem is we want to be able to send static SSL requests to one
set of backend servers and dynamic SSL requests to another set of
backend servers.  We could use mod_proxy but I like all of the
features of Perlbal.

If mod_proxy supported an easy way (or any way) to:
1.  Detect a backend server failure
2.  Load Balance backend servers

I would use that since it does support SSL nicely.

On a side note, I looked at the code for IO::Socket::SSL but I could
not figure out how to get passed the blocking issue, but I'm by no
means a skilled perl programmer.

Thanks,
Kevin