Serving Static Files

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Thu Aug 9 21:22:29 UTC 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 12:39, Can Sar wrote:

> I just installed Perlbal and have it working with the default
> configuration but I want to figure out how to tell it to serve static
> files from a different machine (all with the same URL prefix). [...]

Todd mentioned the solution for doing what you asked, but I'd suggest
that what you really want is to setup a different host (preferably in
a different domain) to serve the static files.   It's easier to
logistically have "static files with expiration headers go there" and
you can make sure there are absolutely no cookies on that domain (for
caching and faster request goodness).

   - ask