SIGHUP?

Matthew Pitts mpitts at a3its.com
Wed Oct 10 13:50:43 UTC 2007

Thanks for the help...

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 21:14 +0000, Mark Smith wrote:
> There's no command to do that.  Your best bet is to do a 'shutdown
> graceful' on your existing Perlbal and start up a new one immediately.
> Old connections are allowed to dwindle out and the new one can start
> handling things with the new configuration.

Will Perlbal unbind from it's listening ports immediately upon getting
the 'shutdown graceful' command? If not, then would I need to somehow
monitor the old instance once I issue the command and then startup a new
Perlbal once the old one is completely finished?

If I were to write a Perlbal psuedo-init script, would the following
logic work?

- get Perlbal PID (from file?)
- connect to running Perlbal via telnet
- issue 'shutdown graceful' command
- wait until telnet socket is closed (indicating Perlbal has terminated)
- double check that Perlbal PID is no more (i.e. kill -0 $PID)
- start a new Perlbal
- connect to new Perlbal via telnet to confirm it's running

--
Matthew W. Pitts
Software Engineer
mpitts at a3its.com