SIGHUP?

Matthew Pitts mpitts at a3its.com
Wed Oct 10 13:59:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 17:18 -0400, Todd Lipcon wrote:
> Another trick you can do is use iptables to redirect incoming traffic
> to a
> new perlbal. When you need to do a seamless restart, start up a
> second
> perlbal on a new port and redirect from port 80 to that port.
> Existing
> connections will be maintained, but new ones will head to the new
> perlbal/configuration. Watch the stats on the first perlbal until
> all the connections die out, at which point you can either kill it or
> do
> the switch again in reverse.

This is a neat trick. Unfortunately, it would mean a bit of work for our
setup because I have a VHOST selector on port 80 that doles out
connections to reverse proxies running on other ports, which then talk
to the real backend servers. We'd bascially have to maintain 2 configs
with different ports for each service for doing the iptables trick on
port 80. Unless of course, I'm missing something.

--
Matthew W. Pitts
Software Engineer
mpitts at a3its.com