Fwd: Perlbal with Mongrels

Kyle Nordman kylenordman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:45:01 UTC 2007

I was running that setup, but then opted for Perlbal - Apache (mod_proxy
balancer) - Mongrel.

Apache seems to take care of any inconsistency I was witnessing with
mongrel. Mind you I would just use Apache- Mongrel for serving pages. But we
have MogileFS in our setup, so we needed Perlbal for our image host
(img.*.com) etc..

Now do the mongrel processes fall into a zombie state? or is it for sure,
Perlbal, not connecting to the ports. I personally could not get Perlbal to
work with Mongrels OPTION send, thus had to turn off the verify_backend
while I was testing, and it seemed to work great.

But that being said, we ended up going the route mentioned before in the
long run.

Hope that helps?