Running multiple perlbal instances

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Tue Jan 29 23:27:07 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:49, Kevin Olson wrote:

> Does anyone have some advice on running multiple perlbal instances
> on one
> multi-cpu box?  We're getting to the point where one perlbal
> instance is
> handling 30,000-45,000 connections/min and load is hitting 1.00.

(I'm assuming you already use the XS headers module; otherwise that's
an easy win).

I haven't tried it, but doesn't the Linux iptables have a "random"
module?  If so then you should be able to redirect half the new
connections to one port and the other half to the other.

If you use FreeBSD or OpenBSD then I imagine pf has a "random" thing,
too.

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/