YADIS Python libraries

Kevin Turner kevin at janrain.com
Thu Dec 22 00:17:26 UTC 2005

To accompany the rough consensus we've achieved on this list, the recent
meetings, and most recently the draft specification from Johannes, I'd
like to share some working code.

An initial release of our Python library for YADIS relying parties is at
http://www.openidenabled.com/yadis/libraries/python

I believe we're in spec.  Check it out, let us know what you think spec
is and what we think spec is are the same, let us know if the interface
looks workable.  As broad as the scope of YADIS is, we don't have many
solid use cases defined, so we could probably use some more feedback.
All of this is subject to change as the YADIS spec settles down.

To see it in action, go to
http://www.openidenabled.com/resources/yadis-test/yadis-detect

There you can see both a demonstration of the code and get some
diagnostic information about a YADIS URL.

As an example of how a relying party would use YADIS, we've patched our
example OpenID consumer to use it.  You can get it in the examples
directory of the python-yadis distribution or browse it online at
http://alnk.org/scrappymap .  There's a rough edge or two in there at
the moment -- the currently released version of our OpenID interface was
made before we knew how YADIS would interact with it -- but it works.

Happy Solstice,

 - Kevin,
   JanRain, Inc.