livejournal.com running latest openid as described in spec?

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 14:30:47 PDT 2005

Rev. Jeffrey Paul wrote:
> I've hacked up a quick-and-dirty dumb-mode oid consumer using PHP.
> Using my sneak.datavibe.net identity as a test (which delegates to my
> livejournal URL), it only receives the 'lifetime' key from the LJ oid
> server during the check_authentication step.
>
> The "lifetime" key seems to be deprecated according to
> http://www.openid.net/specs.bml#mode-check_authentication and I get the
> impression I should be checking for an "is_valid" key instead - however,
> livejournal.com doesn't return this when I try to perform the
> verification step - just the "lifetime" one.
>
> Is livejournal.com out of sync with the spec, or am I missing something?

The updated Perl modules for OpenID were only released a few hours ago
and (I assume) haven't gone live on LiveJournal yet. I've also not
updated my simple guestbook app yet, though I imagine it should be
trivial to do so and I will likely do it shortly. Once I've done that
you'll be able to use the guestbook for testing if you'd like.