livejournal.com running latest openid as described in spec?

Rev. Jeffrey Paul sneak at datavibe.net
Wed Jul 13 13:54:11 PDT 2005

I've hacked up a quick-and-dirty dumb-mode oid consumer using PHP.
Using my sneak.datavibe.net identity as a test (which delegates to my
livejournal URL), it only receives the 'lifetime' key from the LJ oid
server during the check_authentication step.

The "lifetime" key seems to be deprecated according to
http://www.openid.net/specs.bml#mode-check_authentication and I get the
impression I should be checking for an "is_valid" key instead - however,
livejournal.com doesn't return this when I try to perform the
verification step - just the "lifetime" one.

Is livejournal.com out of sync with the spec, or am I missing something?

Regards,
-j

 Rev. Jeffrey Paul    -datavibe-     sneak at datavibe.net
  aim:x736e65616b   pgp:0x40754B94   phone:877-748-3467
   F3F7 FFB7 B966 3675 9170  5265 AD12 0474 4075 4B94