ssriram at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:05:10 PDT 2005
Cousins: One home page and multiple 'specialized' openid servers
Say my home page had the following entries
<link rel="openid.server" href="http://bob.com/openid-server.app">
<link rel="openid.server.profile" href="http://myprofilesvc.com/app">
<link rel="openid.server.data" href="http://mydataspot.com/app">
<link rel="openid.server.cash" href="http://mypennybank.com/app">
openid.server.profile, .data & .cash perform the following
'additional interceptor functions'
only accepts mode:checkid_intercept (similar to checkid_setup)
with an added field sent by consumer such as
cash: "payment_out=..." or "payment_in=..."
Enforces additional checks on intercepting
such as a password request
- So hacked web-sites have an additional protection
- and unlike XUP the consumer never gets access to password.
Performs dedicated action, on user okay
So, now end-user can do things like
- pay consumer 10c for access to 'this pdf/mp3' etc
- Get white paper in exchange for email address
- earn 10c for carrying consumers message/link on his blog
More information about the yadis