list reply-to

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 04:25:38 PDT 2005

Ken Horn wrote:
> Hmm, I disagree with at least one point - least surprise. Of the 8 lists
> I subscribe to just now, 2 don't use reply-to. The other one is a very
> small list from Apple which I've never replied to, so all the lists i've
> ever used in use the munge. All the high volume lists, including the
> apache ones, I have use it. Not too bothered, just prefer the default to
> be to the list. I realise it removes an existing reply-to, but it's
> rarely a problem imho.

This is a little off-topic, but since we've started debating it:

I'd be happy with anything that causes people to stop using "Reply to
All". I read the list through Gmane (<http://www.gmane.org/>) via their
NNTP interface, but any time anyone replies to me I get duplicate
messages in my mailbox, which is admittedly only a minor inconvenience
but it still seems like a ridiculous side-effect of the limitations of
bulk mailing.

...but then, I've always hated mailing lists. I moan about them all the
time. I don't know how people put up with them! :)