POST instead of GET for associate mode?

Nathan D. Bowen nbowen+yadis at andtonic.com
Thu Jun 9 13:56:27 PDT 2005

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

>Everybody has their own way and
>we're not going to push some weird non-standard just to make some people's
>lives marginally easier.

Right, I didn't mean to suggest that I would consider that to be a good
trade-off, but I missed the fact that there even was a trade-off. I no
longer think of it as that "weird non-standard", but rather as "that
format we've all already implemented for very similar data in the same
exchange".

What I forgot was that it's only servers that already *produce* the
weird format; consumers only have to implement parsing. For me, it's a
horse apiece, and I liked the symmetry, but I see that it would be a
burden on consumer-only implementations, especially compared to
x-www-form-urlencoded.