Spectaclar project

Paul Crowley paul at ciphergoth.org
Sun Jun 19 00:14:53 PDT 2005

Rob Lanphier wrote:
> 1.  The primary focus of Spectaclar is on authorization, not
> authentication.  My understanding is that OpenID is focused on
> authenication now and for the forseeable future.

This is true.  However, SAML (of which the Liberty Alliance stuff is a
part) is about authorization, contrary to your Spectaclar opening page.
  At the moment, SAML seems to me too complex to live so it doesn't
bother me too much if an open-source project duplicates their work, but
it might be worth a look.  You should also look at the work done on
SPKI, which treats all authorization as delegation.

http://world.std.com/~cme/html/spki.html
--
   __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, paul at ciphergoth.org