OpenID consumer support live on LiveJournal.com

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Jun 27 19:00:29 PDT 2005

> On 2005/06/27, at 5:33 PM, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > Witness:
>
> Out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many OpenIDs have logged-into LJ. I
> think about 22, right?
> <http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=ext_22> returns a valid
> user --

The ext_NNNN hack will be closed in time.  Currently they're needed
because our user table requires a unique user column, but that'll be gone
at some point.  Sooner we'll close the ability to enumerate
userinfo.bml?user=ext_* URLs.  It was a crutch while we found the
remaining places linking to those URLs.

> also, when can I expect LJ to update/look for FOAF info? I just
> added mild FOAF support to our implementation.

No timeline.  More thinking required.

- Brad