OpenID Proposal: OpenID Messaging

Kristopher Tate kris at bbridgetech.com
Wed Jun 29 16:43:01 PDT 2005

Hmm, I figured about the LID stuff... Here's maybe what I'm getting at,
and that I noted Brad talking about...

Perhaps OpenID would be better as a light authentication implementation
for the web, using other protocols for more heavy lifting.

So, let's look at openid.mode = 'associate'. Associate is only used by
most of us as a "smart mode". So, upon response, why not have a
key-value that talks about services, and then another value that would
have info on that service.

So, what if I had implemented my http mail system over OpenID, my ID
Server would return all the regular associate stuffs.. with:

services:openid-mail,lid-mail
openid-mail:http://example.com/path/to/openid-mail/
lid-mail:http://example.com/path/to/lid-mail/

Interesting, huh?