Sharing Profile Information

David Recordon david at sixapart.com
Wed Jun 29 22:27:20 PDT 2005

I'd tend to agree with the general feeling that an OpenID messaging client is outside the scope of the project.  However, it seems like adding the ability to share user definable profile information is not.  Thus solving the messaging problem of allowing users to share their email address (public, server they auth'd to only, etc).  Same would be applicable with a range of information from screennames to vCards.  This seems like it was already in the works by the message you get when verifying your identity about only sharing information you have decided to share.  I know this is something we've talked about a bit with LiveJournal in terms of allowing comment reply notification as well as for abuse issues such as spamming.

Thoughts?

--David