simple sample CGI code?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sat May 21 13:26:27 PDT 2005

I'd like to try hacking up an OpenID server that backends to a
unix/linux system password file and/or PAM modules.

I took a quick look at the LJ example, but I was wondering if anyone has
extracted (and posted somewhere) the minimal set of code to be an
openid server that runs at something like

http://example.com/cgi-bin/openid.cgi

and auth's urls like

http://example.com/~username

For the moment, I don't care about any UI to update lists of sites that
can auth... allowed sites could be in flat text files for all I care.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer at hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz