simple sample CGI code?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sat May 21 13:35:55 PDT 2005

Hozer,

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> I'd like to try hacking up an OpenID server that backends to a
> unix/linux system password file and/or PAM modules.
>
> I took a quick look at the LJ example, but I was wondering if anyone has
> extracted (and posted somewhere) the minimal set of code to be an
> openid server that runs at something like
>
> http://example.com/cgi-bin/openid.cgi
>
> and auth's urls like
>
> http://example.com/~username
>
> For the moment, I don't care about any UI to update lists of sites that
> can auth... allowed sites could be in flat text files for all I care.

Short answer:  no.  The LJ code's all that exists at the moment.

Longer answer:
I'm about 80% done with the consumer side, Net::OpenID::Consumer (in
Perl), and then I'll be doing a library for Net::OpenID::Server, along
with an example CGI similar to what you want, though you'll have to do the
PAM stuff.

- Brad