minor spec update / new Net::OpenID::Consumer and ::Server modules

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed May 25 01:03:34 PDT 2005

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Also new:
>
> http://www.danga.com/dist/misc/Net-OpenID-Consumer-0.04.tar.gz

Occasionally, the signature validation stuff dies with this error:
     Not an ARRAY reference at Net/OpenID/Consumer.pm line 357.

I'm guessing that it's failing to retrieve the HTML document with the ID
server listed in it and so not finding any ID servers, or something.

(Side thought: in the multiple ID servers case, how does the Consumer
know which ID server generated the signature? It could remember which
one it picked to start with, but that won't work if the signature is
generated client-side without a server-side helper as in the browser
plugin case. I guess the multiple ID servers thing causes more trouble
than it's worth.)