XRID proposal for YADIS

Lukas Leander Rosenstock webmaster at lukasrosenstock.net
Mon Nov 7 12:10:09 PST 2005

Hello everybody,
I'm still not getting all this XRI stuff. I've understood that there is
an XML format for metadata which can used also for service discovery but
that's just a - better - alternative to the text-based format
application/x-meta-identity. But what about addressing, I thought there
was something about addressing. How exactly should such an XRI-URI look
like compared to the HTTP-URIs currently used by OpenID/LID/Yadis and
how can the server handle one when the user entered it?

Lukas