Towards making some decisions

Lukas Leander Rosenstock webmaster at lukasrosenstock.net
Tue Nov 22 12:55:06 PST 2005

Ernst Johannes wrote:

> 1) anybody who wants to make a proposal on how to best do capability
> discovery: write it down as an actual proposal so people can
> understand how exactly it would work. (Preferably on the Draft-002
> page on the wiki, and preferably you'd all help us in listing the
> pros and cons of your proposal that you see.) Would be great if this
> could be completed by the end of the day Monday November 28th, ie a
> week from now.

I've done it and added some things on the wiki. There are two additional
concepts of which I think I've seen them being discussed on the list and
a short paragraph about combining multiple drafts to have fallback
alternatives.

> 2) some time next week (tentative: Thursday, December 1st), we'd all
> (see below) get together around a big whiteboard at Six Apart in San
> Francisco, look at the proposals carefully, and agree on which one
> it's going to be.
> 3) After the decision is made, the YADIS draft gets updated, and we
> all start implementing what was decided. (right?!)

I think there are some people interested in YADIS (I believe there are a
lot of read-only or less active - like myself) on this list but we are
not able to come to San Francisco for such a decision. Maybe we as the
"virtual community" should make a clear statement on our preferred
alternative.

Lukas