OpenID 1.2 Extensions Proposal

Jonathan Daugherty cygnus at janrain.com
Wed Apr 5 20:13:02 UTC 2006

# The presence of the tag does indeed say that ... but by proposing
# the particular place in the XRDS file where you want to put the tag,
# you are *also* saying that the extension has a dependency on OpenID,
# not just that this particular concrete service offers additional
# capabilities.

That's right; the requirement is implicit because of where the tag is
found.

# If you didn't want to express the latter information, you could put
# the tag anywhere in the file, not just as a child of the OpenID
# service specification -- but I didn't think you were proposing that.

No, we definitely intend to relate the presence of the extension to a
particular service / service endpoint.

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  JanRain, Inc.