Question: Yadis Service URIs in the OpenID Auth case

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 08:32:38 UTC 2006

Gabe Wachob wrote:

> I don't think openid *has* to use the URI element, but it really seems like
> at least <openid:Server/> is exactly the same as <URI/> for the openid
> service type.

If it is used in the way defined for XRI then fine. I was simply arguing
in the case where we want to use different rules for OpenID; in that
case the data type of the element is the same but the semantics are not.

As it stands, it's not really clear how multiple URI elements (which, if
I'm not mistaken, are allowed in XRI) would work with OpenID, for the
same reasons that this wasn't included in OpenID 1.1 with the
openid.server LINK element.