YADIS in one sentence--another way

Joaquin Miller joaquin at netmesh.us
Fri Feb 17 02:06:14 UTC 2006

>Toss in "open source" in there, too.

If we do, the it should be:

>>>        Open source YADIS, the foundation for Web 2.0
>>> user-controlled identity.

While I have your attention:

Since YADIS is no kind of acronym or initialism, it should be:

             Open source Yadis, the foundation for Web 2.0
user-controlled identity.

And while we are on that subject.  I believe 'yadis' is a word or
name in Arabic.
We had better find out for sure, soon.

I asked a Computer Science professor from the Santa Clara valley, but
he has not replied.  Today I asked a courageous Political Science
professor from the Great Central Valley of California.  But maybe
someone on this list has a friend who speaks or at least reads Arabic.

Cordially, Joaquin